maf9222 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Is this prompt behaviour configurable?

I've been using MS Access since 1996, but since I switched to Office 2010 I've noticed a change. The prompt you get after changing a form or a table asking "Do you want to save changes..." used to come up immediately. Now, the first time you change anything you have to wait while the hard disk chugs away until the necessary code has been loaded and you get to see the prompt.

I find this particularly annoying, especially since many of the changes I'm being warned about would NOT be saved even if I answered 'Yes'. It's not that I don't want to see these prompts, I just don't want to have to wait 10 seconds or so the first time the mechanism is triggered.

I cannot replicate this issue. Do you have several processors and adequate RAM to run your machine efficiently. Whenever I change a form or table and attempt to close it, it immediately asks if I want to save the change unless I have already saved the change. I am running Office 2016 but this was also true when I ran 2013 and 2010. Maybe time for a machine upgrade?

maf9222 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for your reply. I'm running Windows 7 (32) on a Lenovo laptop I bought about 18 months ago, reconditioned (I prefer it to the current versions). I see from my records that it came with only 2GB of RAM, although I've since increased it to 4GB. However, I think it's likely that when I installed Office 2010 it still only had 2GB. Perhaps if I re-run the installation program (i.e. remove Access and then add it again) it might allow me the standard configuration. However, since I'm probably going to switch to a new machine soon, it's probably not worth it.

Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.