Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

I do a lot of TOOLS/Compact & Repair Database why do it so ofte?
    Reduces (does not eliminate) the chance of corruption. Another no-no (I found out) is editing code while the code is being executed. I used to do that (last time was 10 years ago) and had a massive corruption of my FE mdb. And back ups were in various stages of corruption also. Took 10 days to recover the FE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaveCode1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	29281

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I recreated the steps in Post # 12. The last steps as shown here are what fails:

Code:
    The Code
     20) In the IDE, scroll down to the line "strWho = txtEmailAddress1"   (at Line 72 in the dB I have)
     21) Delete the character you added to the end of the name (in my case, I used a 1)
      The line should now be "strWho = txtEmailAddress"   (I added the bold and color. The code will not show this formatting)
     22) Compile the code (in the menu, click on DEBUG/Compile)
     23) In the IDE, SAVE the code

The Form
     24) Go back to the form "frmEmail" that is in design view. In the menu, click on DATABASE TOOLS/Compact & Repair Database
     25) Save the form "frmEmail" when/if asked.

Done.......
    At step 22 when you compile it, it switches from txtEmailAddress to txtemailaddress. It reverts back to what it has always been. This is of course after I remove the 1 character from txtEmailAddress1 and then
    compile. It changes as I said above from txtEmailAddress to txtemailaddress. This is not what is supposed to happen. I was hoping it would stay txtEmailAddress.

I can post the code right up to step 21 if that would help.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Lou,
    I don't know what to tell you. I've followed the steps I wrote about 10 times (I lost count) and every time the control name is "Me.txtEmailAddress".

The only difference I can think of is that I don't have Outlook installed so I have to uncheck the Outlook reference. But that shouldn't make a difference on a control name.

Attached is the dB. When you open the db, does the control name in code remain "Me.txtEmailAddress"?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    This response in this report is to post # 12. I have two questions. I take it when I press control G and control R to get to the code that is done once for the entire procedure. I just minimized it when I moved from step 12 and then came to step 20. I did not click the
    the code window down. I just minimized it. When I get to step 20, I maximized it.

Now in step 8 you say to: Scroll down to the line "strWho = txtEmailAddress" then on the next line you say add a 1 to the end of txtemailaddress. Which is it? There are two versions of txtemailadress, one with a small e and a and one with a large E and A.

But here they change between steps 8 and 9. I just find that confusing or ambiguous.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Okay, your procedure worked. I am not sure that I could do it again. But, it worked. Thank you for a your help.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

PS Is Microsoft aware of this problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.