mwalk3 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Problems with Requery Search Form

Hello everyone,

I have a database that house information on employees. I have a form called frmSearch ( https://i.imgur.com/geKg08j.jpg ) which is a popup that allows users to select information from comboboxes / checkboxes to filter employees.(ie. Currently Active, Valid Drivers License, Location.) The run Query button at the bottom has the following macros. http://imgur.com/hQueInU .

When I click on the run query button, it opens up two things, qrySearch: which is just the query that houses the data. And it also opens up a datasheet form called frmqrySearch which looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/mvGA7zD.jpg . The New search button just reopens the original frmSearch.

PROBLEM: The problem Im having is that the run query button only works the first time. It wont allow me to make a new search without closing the forms and the query. I want the user to be able to create a new search from the frmSearch.

If you need more information please let me know.

It probably is doing what you want but you don't have a refresh event on the last macro. Try adding a refresh/requery it will probably work

mwalk3 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ive been messing around with the macros and Ive got it so it updates the query now. But it still wont update the Datasheet form with the split view. Which macro can I use? repaint / refresh / requery? And where do I put this macro?

mwalk3 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    frmSearch -> qrySearch -> frmSearchQuery.

frmSearch is where the combo boxs are, I have macros that open the qrysearch and frmSearchQuery. QrySearch is showing the updated search criteria but frmSearchQuery is not updating.

mwalk3 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ok so... found a fix I think, I just click refresh on the ribbon and it works.... but when I create a macro button to refresh it gives me he error "The command or action "refresh" isnt available right now

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Have you tried the Requery action instead of the Refresh? That action should repaint the form with the new data.

I always confuse the two so stick them both in. Probably not good advice but its what I do haha.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.