NightWalker is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Counting full textboxes to autosave records

I have a form that has up to 9 records being added at one time. I have written code that will wait until all the records are entered and a submit button is pressed. It then writes all the records to the table. What I am needing to do is add code that will take the number from an input box that asks for a number from 1-9 and count the text boxes of one column and automatically save the records when there are the same amount of textboxes full as the number entered. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help

Walker

June7 is offline VIP
    So you are using an UNBOUND form that allows up to 9 records? This means 9 sets of UNBOUND controls? Why does user need to provide a number? Just have code check if data in control and write record only if there is. Also, probably need code to validate data already in table just in case user accidentally clicks button again.

Why not use BOUND form and data input direct to table?
    Last edited by June7; 04-21-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by UNBOUND AND BOUND. I have a form that is for the tech to enter test results first they enter 1-9 serial numbers then they enter the same number of test readings. Then there is about an hour then another set of test readings. then about 15 min and a 3rd set of test readings. The problem I am having is that they forget to hit the submit button after they enter the serial numbers and again after the first set of test readings. then things happen in the next hour and they lose the info that they already put into the form. I have validation that checks if the records are already in the table and will update the records if it is there but I am trying to take the forgetfulness out of the tech.

If I get what you are saying about the BOUND form. I don't know how to make it write 9 records all at once in a BOUND configuration. All the records need to be seen at the same time and at multiple intervals as described in post #3

June7 is offline VIP
    BOUND means form has a RecordSource and controls have ControlSource.

In a BOUND form data is entered directly into table, no code needed. Form in Continuous or Datasheet view can display multiple records.

Really need to know more about purpose of data and relationships to be more helpful.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.