kchm2000 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

What are parameters for Yes/No field

Hi,

I was trying to write a query "Country and Active" to filter for specific country and yes under the IsActive field. If i want to query for yes or no or both yes and no what should i place in the criteria field for the Is Active field.

Below is link to database https://www.dropbox.com/s/aof9jocoxx...018.accdb?dl=0

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I find your post a bit confusing. Can you be a little more more explicit by what you mean by "yes or no or both yes and no"?
    Let us know the exact conditions along with which fields each yes/no is applying to.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    If i want to query for yes or no or both yes and no what should i place in the criteria field for the Is Active field.
    Place nothing. Then you'll get all possible conditions: Yes or No or neither. A yes/no field can not ever be both.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    thanks for your reply. Actually i wanted to ask if i had a pop up box for the query like the one i did for selecting country, and i did the same for the isActive field, what do i input in the pop up box so that i can get all records regardless for yes or no.

When i tried to update nothing for the pop up box, there were no entries in the query. I have updated the query so that there are pop up boxes for the country selection and IsActive field. Below is the new link. thanks for help
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sip55fiufm...018.accdb?dl=0

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    IMHO, you can't do this, nor should you want to. Either have the issue prompt and be willing to accept either yes or no AND have a separate query for no prompt
    OR
    do what you should be doing, which is build a form with 3 option buttons in an option group: Yes, No and All (or something like that).
    Posting a zipped copy of your db here is preferred over drop boxes. Some can't or won't retrieve such files, and when the user removes the file, no one can learn by following through on the posts.

You could put the country prompt in the next row of your query (the OR row) but it would be pointless. It would return all for the given country regardless of what you enter for the issue prompt, so it makes no sense.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-03-2017 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    ok i understand now thanks, i will zip the files from here on out. Thank you

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.