Jeff Lance is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Export a Picture from an Access Form to PowerPoint

I am using the Store image path in the text field and to show the image to display a picture on an Access form.

I want to export that picture to a PowerPoint slide.

The image place holder in the form is Image31.

I have created a place holder shape box in the PowerPoint that is Item10.

In the code that I have created so far to transfer text to the PowerPoint I have used the Item# as the PowerPoint insert location.

dose anyone know how to export the image?

Windows 10
    Office 365

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If you are only storing file path and images are stored in a folder, not Attachment field, there is no export. If you want Access to insert image into PowerPoint, that requires PowerPoint automation code. Have you attempted such code? Review http://etutorials.org/Microsoft+Prod...m+Access+Data/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Jeff Lance is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for the info, that is what I was afraid of, Trying to keep the overhead of the DB as low as possible of course so that is why I used that image method but was pretty sure that the image would have to be in the DB and not just a reference to the location.
    unfortunately access and powerpoint are two MS products that were not designed to integrate very well from everything I have read and found.
    I read through the article some good info.

The powerpoint has to be from a templet that we use.
    I have resolved the issue of pushing the information from the DB to the PPT.
    I get a record count from the Tbl.
    I have the VBA open a PPT templet
    Run a loop to duplicate the templet slide for the number of records.
    Then it runs a loop to push the text into shape blocks on the PPT. (Used shapes instead of Text to provide better size and location stability. I altered the text properties on the PPT to resize to fit shape.

The DB is on a platform that I can’t just post the code, but I am going to try to get the code accessible to be able to post it to help others that are trying to accomplish the same task.
    It been a lot of pick and poke to find the right code to accomplish the task.

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I didn't find specific code, but think should be able to load image into PP shape feature as well. Good luck with your project.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.