I have two problems.
PROBLEM ONE - installable version
The right click sort/filter menu isn't provided in the installable version using runtime. I need to make my Access file in an installable version for users who don't have Access. I got around that by saving my file as a separate version that I use to make the installable version, and created my own menus with macros attached to the right-click event in every field in every form - yes, by hand, to EVERY field in EVERY form!

The macros are mini menus for text, dates, numbers & checkboxes using using RunCommand, with arguements of:

SortAscending, SortDescending, FilterBySelection, & ExcludeBySelection

The only differences between the different field types is the wording.
numeric: Sort Largest → Smallest
dates: Sort Oldest → Newest,
text: Sort A→Z
check boxes: Sort Ticked → Unticked
sorting works fine for all of these, and filtering works fine for the 1st three.

BUT, filter by selection gives a message ONLY for the checkboxes - something about 'this action cannot be executed...'
Any ideas why? How do I get around it?

PROBLEM TWO - ACCDE version.
For users with Access, I want my code/tables hidden/locked, so I've made ACCDE versions. Everything works exactly the same EXCEPT:
on forms, I've set the property FilterbyOnLoad = Yes & SortbyOnLoad = Yes, so users can retain their preferences, but these options ONLY function in the full Access version. Filtering & sorting can be DONE in the ACCDE version, but are NOT retained when the form is closed & reopened. They ARE retained (as expected) in the full Access version.

Any ideas why? How do I get around it?