aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit

USysApplicationLog - fix errors

In all my decades of using Access I had no idea this feature even existed. From what I have read, it seems to be used by Access for Macro errors - as a non-user of macros, maybe that is why I have lived in blissful ignorance.

I suspect that there used to be an embedded macro once upon a time referring to objects which no longer exist. But how does one fix this? I have recreated the database, I have recreated the table, I have recreated the form but these errors still keep happening. The reason I even went here is that the form is behaving very strangely, for instance a field on the table (FK long) is being treated as an autonumber; saving the record gives me a meaningless (can't find query "|") error message on first save but not on second...

Anyone viewing this - NEVER USE EMBEDDED MACROS!!!

Note: the SourceObject in this table does not exist - maybe it was the old form name.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UsysLog.jpg  

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I have Access 2010 and haven't seen this activity, but I don't use data macros.
    However, just google with ms access USysApplicationLog
    and you'll get a lot of info.

Did you build the original database, or take it over from someone?

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Gosh, never too old to learn something new! Definitely this was not created by me - I thought that the error "AfterInsert" was referring to a form and all along it is referring to a table. Events for a table? New to me.

Here it is:

"You should now delete the After Insert event that you created earlier for the tblAppointments table. Remember, we deleted the ClearLogsTest named data macro, which means Access will continue to hit errors whenever you add new records to the tblAppointments table. To do this, open any table in Datasheet view, click the Table contextual tab, click the Named Macro button in the Named Macros group, and then click Rename/Delete Macro from the drop-down list to open the Data Macro Manager again. Click the Delete link next to the After Insert event under the tblAppointments table and then close the dialog box."

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.