yaguarete79 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Vanished form

Hi guys, maybe this is a stupid question, ok, I'm a newibie, but the thing is I've closed a form I created. Actually I closed a report, a form in design mode and the same form in "form view".
    I'm using Access 2007, now the million Dollar question is: How can I re-open it again????
    I've searched through all the ribbons and googled this question unsuccessfully.
    I never selected anything like "erase" or "delete", just "close". Have I lost it forever?

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    If you hadn't saved it before you closed it then it's lost forever. If you'd already saved it then it's just a matter of finding it again. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Access 2007 so I'm not going to be very helpful in finding it.

Somewhere, there should be a way to view all the Forms in your database. If you can find that, you should be able to find the missing Form pretty easily.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    If you hadn't saved it before you closed it then it's lost forever. If you'd already saved it then it's just a matter of finding it again. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Access 2007 so I'm not going to be very helpful in finding it.

Somewhere, there should be a way to view all the Forms in your database. If you can find that, you should be able to find the missing Form pretty easily.
    Thanks for your assistance, Actually there's a dropdown menu on the left and thereīs an option that says "Show all content" or "Show all Objects", that way I should be able to see the form but I canīt.
    I've opened the same database before, and the form was there so I had saved it. Then I closed it, and I think (I'm not 100% sure) I saved the file again.
    Does it mean I lost it forever?
    If thatīs the case, I think Microsoft shouldīve programmed the simple question "Do you want to save the changes? Closed objects will be lost"
    Again, Iīm a newbie, so maybe Iīm asking too much.
    If anyone else knows some way to recover it Iīll appreciate it.
    But thanks Rawb for your explanation!

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Sorry for taking so long to get back. . .

Access is a little different than many programs in that, when you make a change to the database (add data to a table, delete a Query/Form/Report, etc.) those changes are saved immediately. There is no need to save changes to your database before closing it.

However, with it's components (the Queries/Forms/Reports themselves), you do have to save the changes.

That said, it doesn't sound like you deleted the Form, which should be the only way to get rid of it. . .

If it's not too much trouble, could you send me the database (you'll have to save it as an Access 2000 database)? That way I'll be able to take a look at it and see if I can find the little bugger for you.

If your database is too large to attach to the Forum, you can email it to mikenune (at) gmail (dot) com.

Windows XP Access 2007

Talking Thanks

Itīs great to know thereīs people interested in helping just because.
    Actually this is getting weird, because I found I have two databases with a similar name, one is called "Agenda de prueba" and the other one "Agenda de prueba_be". Why? I really donīt know. And I don't use to click or hit the Enter key just because. So I donīt know what could've gone wrong. Anyway, both tables look the same, withOUT the form. I know I can re-build the form, the thing is I'd like to learn from my errors, to avoid repeating them in the future.
    Iīll send you the database via e-mail, but just one of them, the "_be" database. Because the first one, I couldnīt convert it to Access 2000 format because of the data implied. I received a message telling me so.
    I hope you can help me basing upon this other version of the same table.

Thank you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.