Elena Keefe is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Unhappy 'Property Sheet' and 'Add existing fields' will not display in edit mode

At some point I must have hit some keys that caused this problem. When trying to edit a form and I click on 'property sheet' nothing happens. Same thing for 'Add existing fields'. So I can't see the record source or any other parameters for my form. I even uninstalled Access and then re-installed it but I still have the problem no matter which database I'm in. Please help!

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    If you cannot see the property sheet with only ONE form in design view, it may be off to one side or barely visible at the top or bottom of the Access window. Look for a slim part of the ps window border that you can grab and drag back. If not,
    - press Alt+G+HP or select the property sheet icon in the ribbon so that it's highlighted
    - make sure your form window is the active window by clicking somewhere on the form
    - look at the text in the status bar (lower left). Probably says "Design View"
    - Press F6 and read the text again. If it changes to reflect some aspect of the property sheet, such as "Displayed Caption of Object", then the ps is open - you just can't see it. That text would be the first property on the ps Format tab.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena Keefe View Post

...I still have the problem no matter which database I'm in...
    Really strange! Is it possible that you've lost your 'write' permission to the Folder the files reside in? The IT guys sometimes mess about and forget to tell anyone...like the end users!

Can you, for instances, create a Word file, Save it to the same Folder, and then Edit it?

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try them out when I get home!

Thank you for the solution!

"If you cannot see the property sheet with ONE form in design view, it may be off to one side or barely visible at the top or bottom of the Access window. Look for a slim part of the ps window border that you can grab and drag back. If not, make sure that form window is the active window by clicking somewhere on the form. Press Alt+G+HP or select the property sheet icon in the ribbon so that it's highlighted. Look at the text in the status bar (lower left). Press F6 and read the text again. If it changes to reflect some aspect of the property sheet, then the ps is open - you just can't see it."

Thank you!! This worked - it was there all the time but I needed to drag it open.

You're welcome. I enjoy being right once or twice a year. That's it for 2016!

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    If this was true

I still have the problem no matter which database I'm in.
    how can this be true

...This worked - it was there all the time but I needed to drag it open...
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I believe the latest application settings for a window would apply to any db since it's a system window and not a db window.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.