elhale is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Trying to Include Multiple Entries of Long Text with Totals of Numeric Fields

I set up a db that collects data of several teams we monitor by way of multiple fields that record statistics (numeric) and one field that is 'long text' data type to allow a narrative description of team activities. A single record shows the team, the date and the numeric stats related to their activities for that entry. Each record also includes the narrative field for any descriptive report by team members. Multiple entries per day are common.

I built a report which displays the totals (sum) of the numeric fields for a specified date range. The report is grouped by team and shows all the fields. All the numeric fields display fine and the data calculation which does the totals is correct.

A problem I'm having is, the narrative field. The report only displays the first narrative entry (when there are multiple). I would like it to show all narrative entries (records) for each team for the dates designated on the same report. I should mention the report is built on a query that does the sum calculations on the fields (as well as the date range criteria). I did not do the totals calculation in the report.

I am limited in my Access experience, so I don't know if my choice to build the report off the query is preventing me from doing what I want.

I hope the post isn't confusing. Any help is appreciated.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    if you have multiple entries, youd need to add a subReport to show all these text entries for the 1 group.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.