kid_viciouss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Task

Hi i been given a task to build a database for a hairdressing company.

I have four tables, Client, Appointment, Stylist, and treatment tables.

If i were to set up the relationship, would it be from client > appointment then stylist to appointment and treatment to appointment?

So i would drag client id into client id in the appointment table, stylist id from the stylist table into stylist id in the appointment table and then finally, treatment id from the treatment table into treatment id in the appointment table?

Another thing is that, if i have job title field in the stylist table and have a drop down list of lets say, stylist, washing/blowdrying, hair coloring and male barber, how would i link them up to the appointment?

Let's say i want to book an appointment and i want hair coloring how do i get assinged to that stylist who only does hair coloring?

One last thing, How do i set up time slots in my appointments table? Do i need to add the data to the table it'sself? I need appointments in 30 minute slots? would i simply just add them as record fields? need help with this please.

I would really appreicate if somebody could direct me to the right path on this.

Many Thanks

Brian

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Most helpers here are reluctant to do homework. This sounds suspiciously like a class assigned project.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    My recommendation is that you write a description --simple English, no jargon -- of the business your database will eventually support. Identify the order of the processes and the "entities" /"things" involved. Try to address the who does what, when and how often. Things can also be Treatments, Appointment, Stylist and StylistSkills.
    Here iss a tutorial from RogersAccessLibrary that starts with a complete description of a "business" and leads you through a series of steps to create a data model that will be your database blueprint. You have to work through the tutorial to gain the experience and benefits. It takes about 45 minutes-1 hour. And what you learn can be used with any database.

Here are some links to a hairdresser appointments data model(generic).
    It is generic in that it covers most things but may not address specifics that you need. You can take piece as required and add others as needed. It is intended to give you a starting point.

data model
    business facts

Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.