Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Durga is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    From Post #1

Another thought: I think you said that you have/use a query. You could write a UDF to take the text field ("6481.14+4212.6+143.5"), split it on the "+" into an array, add the array values and return the sum.

It would really help to see/use your dB.... would it be possible to post your dB with 3 - 5 made up clients (with records) to see what you have/what the problem is?
    Do a "Compact & Repair", then Zip it......

Or a picture of your Relationship window........
    Thanks for your reply, please note I did not ignore any of your suggestion as you all kindly read my issue and replied but I was trying to search for things on google from what you guys suggested but as Micron said I should have asked for clarification in this forum. Glad to have this problem sorted in this forum.

Durga is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    You're welcome, and I'm glad you were able to make use of it. Suggest if you don't understand a suggestion from a forum member that you ask for clarification or Google it. Otherwise, we (I?) am liable to think the suggestion is either unsuitable for the issue or simply being ignored. I was baffled as to why the thread was continuing on with difficulty when I knew it would work on a string like the one you posted. Good luck with your project!

You are right and point noted about asking for clarification but I did search on Google to make sense of what you guys/gals were suggesting and I went and tried it too without luck until your example. The suggestions were not unsuitable nor were they being ignored. So glad this has worked and this is just a tiny part of my work which I happened to struggle with as I have never done calculations in Access. Once again many thanks to all. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.