Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This perfectly explains what we have been trying to tell you.
    In test.accdb the tables are defined in the DB. They are not linked from somewhere else. Since they are present, you can open them and view them, etc.
    In Mike_odlfield.accdb the tables are NOT defined in the DB. (See the little arrows beside the names in the Navigation Pane). They are located elsewhere, namely an access database named "Division_Dashboard_Datafile.accdb". This is a BackEnd database containing the TABLES.

The Mike_oldfield.accdb is a FrontEnd. It does not have any native tables defined in it. Its tables are located elsewhere, thus the Links to find them in the BE, "Division_Dashboard_Datafile.accdb".
    These links are present because the last place the FE saw the BE was at that path and DB, and the FE remembers.

The actual location of "Division_Dashboard_Datafile.accdb" is currently unknown and thus you get the error messages because the FE cannot find the BE.
    You will not be able to see any table structures or contents in Mike_oldfield.accdb as long as the links are broken.
    Removing the links will not cause the tables to magically appear in the FE.

Below is the answer to the question that you have asked over and over and has been explained over and over:

The ONLY way to get the Mike_oldfield.accdb working is to locate the actual tables, the BE (where ever it may be) and spell out the new location with the linked table manager,
    OR simply import the tables from where ever they may be,
    OR recreate the tables from scratch.
    Period.
    This thread should be marked SOLVED.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for the explanation. I do not want to create the tables from scratch since the ones we have are now approved by my project leader. I see no reason to reinvent the wheel especially
    one that took so long to invent. I do not believe that I will ever find the original tables. They are long gone. They might show up; tranger things have happened. So I guess that I am
    tasked with importing the tables. That should work.

Also, thanks or putting up with all the dumb questions.

You see I am usually a Unix programmer and this I am quite new to windows. It seems like this would be an easy fix. I was wrong.

Any thanks for the trouble.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.