Data Entry Form with 2 Subforms (continuous style) - "Cancel and Exit" Button Help

So I have a one big Data Entry Form. Within it, are two subforms that also data entry and continuous. For example. A Customer(form) can add one or more credits(subform). Now usually when you exit a data entry, I use the delete record button and name it cancel and exit, so that the user can choose to leave the form. However, when using subforms that are continuous... say a you enter the customer, and you enter the two credit cards.. If you choose the form 'cancel and exit', only the customer and one of the credit cards deletes, the second credit card remains. I am trying to 'cancel and exit' and delete all record entries associated with that CustomerID created.

Possible Solutions I was trying:

1. Convert the Delete Button on the Form to vba and tinker with it... For some reason, access won't let me convert it to a vba
    2. Use VBA - Confused on where to start: should the vba test if the form is filled? does the form automatically add something?

Please advise.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I assume the "Cancel and Exit" is on the main form, and that you want to delete the customer and the card record(s)?

There are two ways you could do this. First, you could use VBA in the "Delete" code to delete all the credit card records for the customer before it deletes the actual customer record. The SQL would be something like this:

"Delete from [CardRecords] where [Customer_ID] = " & me!CustomerID

The other way would be to define a relationship between [Customers] and [CustomerCards] using Customer_ID, and then turn on the Cascade Update option under Enforce Referential Integrity. Access will then look after deleting the card records automatically.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.