KASmith42 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find the input table or query...

I split a new database to put the BE on a new SQL server, but after having trouble with creating it, I went to link the tables back together and I'm getting "The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find the input table or query '<tablename>'. Make sure that it exists and that its name is spelled correctly". It's the same error message for all tables, whether I try to do them in a batch or individually. I've googled and come up with nothing of any help.

It's split right there on my desktop and I can see the BE accdb file though it's completely empty when I look in it.

Did the universe eat my tables? Can I encourage the universe to regurgitate them back up?

Thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Are you using a connection string or a file DSN?

This might give you an idea how I recreate linked tables.
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...766#post302766

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Are you using a connection string or a file DSN?
    Well, I was using a file DSN - but I don't think the database actually got that far.

as far as your example... I understand some of those words...

Windows 8 Access 2013
    I am not remembering all of the steps the wizard uses when employing DSN. The example I provided is using a DSN-less connection and relies on a connection string provided by the database administrator.

So, you may need to troubleshoot the DSN file or you may need to troubleshoot the wizard process. Maybe troubleshoot the Wizard process using a new blank DB.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    So you have a SQL database created for the tables, you tried to import them from Access but had issues and now no tables are showing in the SQL database?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    So you have a SQL database created for the tables, you tried to import them from Access but had issues and now no tables are showing in the SQL database?
    Correct. No tables are showing in the SQL database, the BE (accdb) is on my desktop and appears empty. The FE shows the tables with the + that normally indicates they are linked, but when I try to convert them to local tables or manage linked tables, I get the error message.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    If you are using Microsoft SQL server, you will need tables on the Database defined on the server. Then, you will not have a Backend Access file. You can connect to the backend via the Access Front end file.

Of course, you can have more than one backend and they can be of different types.

If you are using Microsoft SQL server, you will need tables on the Database defined on the server. Then, you will not have a Backend Access file. You can connect to the backend via the Access Front end file.

Of course, you can have more than one backend and they can be of different types.
    I have used a SQL server for the BE before, this one just glitched somewhere. The issue is that now my tables are *gone* - They're not on the SQL server, they're not in the BE file that ended up on my desktop and they're not accessible by the FE. I hope to recover them from wherever they are... if they still exist.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    If the data was ever on SQL server you might be able to do something like this
    https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservert...-log-and-lsns/

If the data was ever on SQL server you might be able to do something like this
    https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservert...-log-and-lsns/
    Thanks, but I'm relatively certain it never made it on. Data usage on the SQL server is 0%.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Well, you have to delete a table. Even if you run the wizard in a database with tables of the same name, the local tables will remain and the linked tables will appear.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    You can hover mouse over the linked table in the FE to see what path it is trying to link to. Sounds like you might need to start again from a backup and import the tables into SQL again.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    @Bulzie
    I think the issue is that KASmith42 cannot locate the data, anywhere.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Yep that is my fear ItsMe. KAS you stated above you had a BE Access database with tables that were linked to the FE Access database correct? Was the BE Access db on a network server? If so you might be able to go to the folder, Security and Previous versions to get a copy of the database?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.