Exclamation Adding Data from Separate Table to Main Report that is Directly Related to Data in Main Report

Help! I'm new at using Access. I'm trying to figure out how I can include data from a FieldA in Table2 in my main report that is using data from Table1 which does not contain a FieldA.

Example:

Task1 (Table1); Estimated Hrs (Table2); Estimated Cost (Table2); Actual Hrs (Table1); Actual Cost(Table1)
    Task2 (Table1); Estimated Hrs (Table2); Estimated Cost (Table2); Actual Hrs (Table1); Actual Cost (Table1)

I do not have "Estimated Hrs" or "Estimated Cost" in Table1, and I need to include them from Table2 which would have to be associated with their specific Task#.

What relationship would I use or query would I have to create to be able to accomplish this?
    Also, I know nothing about codes, so if I need to incorporate the use of codes, please explain in more detail what I have to do.

Thanks!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Presuming task is a field in both tables, a query with both tables joined on the task field should let you use fields from both in the report. Try the query wizard and add both tables.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I've tried creating a query with both tables, but it results in repeating information. I chose 2: Include all records from TABLE1 and only those records from TABLE2 where the joined fields are equal.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Will a task appear multiple times in one of the tables?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

It does, but I'm not sure why.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Then I guess you need to know which record(s) you want the values from, or the sum of them, or ??
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Are the tasks appearing multiple times in my table because I don't have a primary key? There's a categorical system that I'm working with. It goes PHASE --> CATEGORY --> CODE --> TASK.There can be multiple tasks per code, multiple codes per category, and multiple categories for each phase.
    I want the task column that is attributed to each phase. Since it is the lowest level in the system, I'm sure it's repeating because the upper levels are repeating with every task. I'm not sure how I can fix this though.
    I'm using a software program called Datawatch Monarch to create my tables and export them into Access. I'm not sure if that information helps, but there may be certain things I can't manipulate on the table before exporting.
    Does this explanation make sense? I hope I understood your question.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.