Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003

Once you split them, you make copies of the "original" and distribute. Personally, I tell users to keep things on their local machine. Your speed issues are probably arising from the fact that their FE is located on remote server. It would run faster if the FEs were on the local machines.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    first I would look at where the BE is - - - when you are absolutely positive that no one is in the database - - and see if an .ldb version of the BE still exists - - if so - right click and delete it.

at this point you really need to eliminate variables and get back to basics; I suggest this:

1. copy both FE and BE onto one PC (no server or network involved) - - open each individually and then do a Compact/Repair on each separately. (work with a copy for now - give a new temp name to the originals)

- then open the FE and link it to the BE on your solo PC - and test...

2. Assuming this goes ok; next I would move your BE back to the server.
    Re-open the FE and relink it to the new BE's location.

Are you using Access2007? - if so be sure to set up the Trust Center location to include the folder on the server.

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I agree with Shabz as far as the available material such as these forums, which is a great thing.

NTC,

I think sometimes we forget that we were once where Boru is, which is in the beginning stages of learning relational database and Access. I can't speak for your experiences but I know with mine that these type of boards were an invaluable asset to me where I learned alot. I think it's more beneficial to try to encourage newbies to learn and help them where we can then to reprimand them for asking questions. For all we know, this can be a task that his boss assigned him to do with limited learning resources., which does tend to happen. All, I'm saying is that I think it's much more beneficial to try to pass on your knowledge then taking the other approach, which tends to discourage newbies from asking questions.

cp1981 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Hey yall. I have the same issue now...says "The database has been placed in a state by user “Admin” on machine". But Its my personal laptop and Im the only one that gets on it. WTH? I right clicked on the DB and looked up the security on it and it says I still have all access to everything (As I should). Suggestions? I havent put any security measures in my DB nor in Access period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.