BBUnited is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Question Beginner trying to make a soccer club database - Photos etc. Two pictures on 1 form etc.)

Hi,
    I am new here.
    Gave up on MS Excel and VBA codes etc;
    trying to make a MS Access 2016 Soccer club Database
    Public holiday is approaching in Ozzieland so bit of time here and there:-)
    OK, to be honest 100 % I am modifying the MS Access Template "Student list Database" free for download.

I am familiar with VBA coding , but since I have not touch Access for a long time, I do have few questions that i want someone to answer me.
    in particular, this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	examplehowthatshouldlooklike.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	24435

What I want to achieve when I browsing/listing the players using this players list form is this :
    Top picture, (ID Photo ) to be different from the second photo and also definitively different from a bottom third large photo that i want to be a gallery , e.g. i saw somewhere that clicking on the forward arrow actually displays the next photo and so on... ( free Real Estate galler MDB template)
    Anyway, when i click on the next item in the players list, e.g. player 2, these pictures are 3 same pictures of that next player...
    I want that form to display top photo to be the ID photo, next one to that is a player posing photo and the bottom one large one to be a sort of photo gallery .. and so on for each player
    So, How i got these 3 pictures to be the same is this: I opened the student details form in design view and just copied the existing picture (attachment frame) next to that one and and made third one bit larger than these two....

Can someone show me what needs to be done here and what I am doing wrong?
    Much appreciated!
    In the meantime I will try to improve the student details form adding some other fields here
    Thanks

CHEECO is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Can you Post a copy of your database. That would be very helpful for someone to help you with your problem

Here they are, two databases I used to make my database....
    The student list is the main one, but i want the ITEMS form from Home Inventory ) to be placed into the student details form
    So that I can have the photo gallery within a player's form if you know what I mean.
    thanks

well, i cant upload attachments for some reasons

OK, here is the link towards the database https://www.dropbox.com/s/le9o8cvz4m...BUT.accdb?dl=0
    I am trying to use this modified student database. Please pay attention to the form called Student details and fields called 464 and 482. The idea is when I enter the text in the field txt464 on a click "Add comments" button it should update the field txt482 but instead it displays this error. "The data macro Comments.AddComment . txtAddComments could not be found, ... Can someone please have a look and correct my code so that I can continue working with a database. Thanks

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Give this a try and see if it is what you are looking for
    Attached Files Attached Files

Still cannot do it

Hi, thanks, but the text box is still not got updated, although there is no error message
    Am I doing something wrong?
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by CHEECO View Post
    Give this a try and see if it is what you are looking for

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The data base that you are using is a database template that comes with Microsoft Access. The reason you are getting the error is because the macro it is searching for was never included in the template, therefore it does not exist. Because it is a Microsoft template there is little that can be done when it comes to making changes. I have not given up on it. I will keep working on a solution.

Thanks,
    This is the screenshot of my future Players Details form

Name:	example2foraccessforum.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	24604

Also a full pages on the form

Name:	example3foraccessforum.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	24605

How to achieve to have the different photos appears for different players ?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    By the looks of the two last photo's, you have the comment situation all figured out all ready.

No, I wish I have found solution. Sorry for the late reply. Work, and soccer :-)
    OK, i uploaded 2 MS access databases :
    https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/q2wkifsCzBK6dYofT31uon
    one is the soccer database i am working now, trying to make it work actually. it is called "exampleforaccessforumMy New App"
    the other one is just a template https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/KTG1ieyVq2QapVf4e9pfJt

which has the code for the "photo gallery browsing i want to have on each player,s profile details form.
    I am not sure how to combine these two as indicated in the above picture, as copy paste of form details/fields is not working, not to mention a code.
    If you or anyone can help on this one, it would be much appreciated.
    The plan is to build this "basic form" and then add some additional pages on that form. At least in this one is the code for the comments box and the history of commenst is presented in a nice way
    Regards

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ok so I am clear in my understanding. The pic you uploaded as "My Soccer Players Details" has doubles for inputting information. This is the way you want it or is this something that is not suppose to be doubled.

Ok, I realized it is a bit confusing. The main page, player's details must look exactly like this page:

Name:	example4foraccessforum.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	280.3 KB 
ID:	24611
    I am preparing a database full of details of all our ex and current players.
    On click "next record" what needs to happen is this : ID logo should display a photo ID of a next player , then next to that one is the photo of player's full profile and below that a small gallery of photos of that player. middle section should have a lots of metadata name surname position, DOB, etc.
    the section on the right, top right is the logo of our club that must be displayed on each players profile on NEXT ,.
    below is the short intro about this player: came as a refugee, or came from other club etc..
    the bottom right section should consist other comments, details about the player accumulated during the season's :.. in 2009 he's got married... in 2011 got a son ... 2014...break a leg ... etc...
    with this page complete I can start entering the data ... but so far i do not have much... nothing is talking with anything.. i don't know where to change the source of the code for pictures to display the photos i want, related to a certain player, etc...
    Plus to enter the code for the photo gallery (click on forward to display next picture or backwards to see previous one etc... )
    I would really want to have this working somehow and eny help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.