kpierro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Selecting from Multiple drop downs which populate a report - showing blank

I have a form I created which includes selective drop downs for both the Start and End Dates and one also for persons name.

For some reason the drop down works correctly the first time I select the dates, but then I got to select again and it will not allow me to select the dates. It drops the dates down, but will not select or populate the information.

the second issue I am having is that once I select the person's name the report shows blank instead of listing the person's in the specified date range with the hours they worked for that week. I'm not sure why it does not work after I select the person's name.

It should be showing the hours worked for the selected person for the selected week end date.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    pure guess on my part - a) are you using lookup or multivalue fields in your table design? If so, that is likely to be the problem. Remove the lookups so you can see what the data really is. b) your combos are bound to a field - they shouldn't be

Beyond that, provide the following information

table design - field names and types
    some example data from the table you are querying
    the sql of your query
    relevant vba code you are using, including the sub or function name to modify the query
    the names of your combos
    a description of what you expect to happen (e.g. select a date from the start date combo, then one for the end date, then click a button to filter the query)

kpierro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    One problem is that this db was inherited from another programmer and I don't know 100% what he did. I'm also not as great as he was, but get enough of it to modify most of it and understand what the programming means.
    I've been able to fix it to the point where I can select the date and the person's name and the report now shows the correct information.

However, the issue now is that it allows me to select the week end date and user, but once the report has run it will not run again. I go to push my report button to run the report for another employees hours and cannot select the end date or another employee. It shows the list of dates and the list of employees, but cannot select anything. I have to close out the database and re-open it in order for it to run again. Any clue?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.