susanclaire is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Is is possible to lock controls to one tab in a navigation form?

I am using access 2013 to create a database that will be used by my organization and multiple similar organizations in my state. I am trying to create a navigation form that will act as a main menu with a tab for each organization that will use the database. I'm trying to use the subform control on each navigation 'tab' so that there is a unique data entry point for each organization. However, whenever I try to create a subform on a particular navigation tab, the subform is created on every tab. Is there a way to lock a control to just one tab on the navigation form?

Thank you in advance!!!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'll throw out a different possible direction. If you have a number of organizations, having a subform for each can start to be a performance problem, particularly when the form loads. I might have some sort of selection control (listbox, combo, etc) that lets the user select the organization. In the after update event of that control, I'd set the source of a single subform control to the desired organization.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I'll throw out a different possible direction. If you have a number of organizations, having a subform for each can start to be a performance problem, particularly when the form loads. I might have some sort of selection control (listbox, combo, etc) that lets the user select the organization. In the after update event of that control, I'd set the source of a single subform control to the desired organization.
    I have a follow-up question for you, then! How can I make a menu that can be navigated via a dropdown list. Like, I am unsure of how to associate a subform with the selection from a drop down list. I hope that makes sense!

Windows XP Access 2007
    Well, you'd either manipulate the SourceObject property of the subform control, or the RecordSource property. The first if you had separate forms to use as subforms for each organization, the second if you used a single subform and just filtered it differently.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Well, you'd either manipulate the SourceObject property of the subform control, or the RecordSource property. The first if you had separate forms to use as subforms for each organization, the second if you used a single subform and just filtered it differently.
    I'm trying to follow your suggestion. Right now I'm trying to create a main menu with a listbox that includes the names of all the organizations in my state. I want to program an event so that when the user clicks on a particular selection in the listbox it opens the corresponding organization's data entry form. Do you have an example of the code I would use to program such an event?

Thanks!

Windows XP Access 2007
    You haven't specified your structure, but if the listbox contains the name of the form (could be in a hidden column):

Me.SubformControlName.SourceObject = Me.ListboxName.Column(x)

where x is the zero-based column containing the form name.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.