delano29 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Separate Report Details for a Main and Subreport

Hi – I am using MS Access 2013. I have created two reports based on twoseparate queries. The tables that thequeries are based on are linked by the field RecordID. I am using ‘Report1’ as the main report and‘Report2’ as the subreport. I placed thesubreport ‘Report2’ in the Detail Section of the main report ‘Report1’ so youcan say both report details are together. My problem is when I run the report the details from Report1 and Report2are mixed together. I would get a recordfrom Report1 and then I would get record from Report2 in no particular order.

I would like to keep the detail information separated. I would like it to print all the details from‘Report1’ (main report) then display all the details from ‘Report2’(subreport). Is there a way to insertanother Detail Section (two sections in total). Is this possible? or could someone suggest a better option?

The bottom line is there anyway to force it to print all thedetails from the first report first before it starts printing the details fromthe second or subreport?

Thanks.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Are you using the Child Parent relation to relate the Parent and Child reports? Without this Access is likely to act all crazy and do what you said.

delano29 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Yes I am using the Child Parent relationship. It was setup when I inserted the subreport. Both reports print the information separately perfectly but when combined they scatter the info. Is there a way to tell the report to print the first report detail then print the second report detail?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.