doyouwantabedbath is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Month/Year Filter on Continuous Form

I have a form that shows a brief continuous overview of every record in my table. I want to be able to filter the date field titled "datecareplanmade" (CP Created on the form) by month and year. I figured out how to search for an exact date, but I can figure out how to look for a single month. I tried to do a combo box with a list of months, but I'm not getting the records I want to see, and I think it's filtering date fields I don't want it to filter. I know how to filter it my date, but I want the end user to be able to do it with minimal instruction.

Any help is appreciated. I'm still working on the aesthetics of the form, so please ignore misalignments.

Sorry if this has been answered already, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audit Review.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	24117

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if you're going to define which month you want to search you also have to define which year, and if you're going to do that you might as well make the query runnable between two specific dates

i.e. on your form have a field name STARTDATE and a field name ENDDATE and the date criteria would be

between [forms]!reviewcareplan_list!startdate and forms!reviewcareplan_list!enddate

or you could apply it as a filter to the form, though I'm not a big fan of filtering.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.