digband is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Collect Respondent's email address when sending form from access

Hi, I'm relatively new to access (but am tech savvy) and have successfully created, sent, collected info from an email form via access. I realized thought that access doesn't include the actual respondent's email address into the db - of course we need a field to collect it, so I added that, but I'm not sure how to tell access to put the respondent's email address into the Email column of the db. I could of course add a field to the db and form that requests the respondent to input their email address, but this seems unnecessary since access has a handshake with outlook obviously, and I assume it ought to be able to grab the respondent's email and add it to the db used to based the email form on.

Can anyone tell me how to have access automatically add the email respondent's email address to the db when the form is automatically processed by access on receipt in outlook? Thanks for any help!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    post your code that's pulling information from the email into your access db

please put [ code ] [ /code ] bb codes around your code too to make it more readable.

digband is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    post your code that's pulling information from the email into your access db

please put [ code ] [ /code ] bb codes around your code too to make it more readable.
    Hi, thanks for your reply - I'm not using any code. I'm using the option built in to MS Access 2010 External Data/Create Email which creates an email form from the database fields. If there is code that is pulling the info from the email to the DB, it's not something I wrote/see - when you choose the option "Automatically process replies and add data to [db]" you don't have to write any code to pull in the email form data.

They removed that feature in 2013. Ive been looking into this a lot recently. Very diasapointing. How does the information look when you recieve it? How do you send the forms in the first place?

An option could be to manage this at the sending stage, where by youre selecting the emails through the DB.

Or, make the subjects unique and you can link your tables to the shared outlook table.

(not very specific answers but I would need more info to be able to help)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.