djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Sorting Issues

What I'm about may make no sense hard to comprehend, but I have a qry with 2-flds that are have the same data (WkDys -- days of the week). The first fld is 'DUP'' & the second fld is called, DUP_SA'. I also have a 'WDyNum' tbl with the WkDys starting with Sun (1) to Sat (7). I don't know how I can sot the 'DUP_SA' according to WkDyNum sorting order.

Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Sounds like you should be able to join the 2 tables together in a query, which should enable you to sort on the desired field.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    pbadly, thanks for responding to my post/thread. I'll admit how my thread might be confusing, but I don't understand where you get the idea I'm trying join 2-Tables into 1-Query? I have 1-Query with the following fields:

-DUP: Days Usually Played (the day I usually listen to a music artists/group)
    -ArtistsID: Abbreviation of music artists/group
    -Similar_ArtistsIiD: Abbreviation of similar music artists/group (to ArtistsID)
    -SA_DUP: The days in which the Similiar_Artists are usually played

I first want the query sorted by 'ArtistsID' & the by 'SA_DUP'. But I want the 'SA_DUP' to sort from Sun -- Sat, which is why I joined the WkDyNum_tbl to the query. The WkDyNum_tbl has the 'WkDys' (Sun -- Sat) & WkDyNum (Sun=1, Mon=2, Tue=3, Wed=4, Thu=5,Fri=6 & Sat=7)

I first sorted 'ArtistsID' to Ascending & then tried joining 'SA_DUP' to 'WkDy' (from WkdyNun_tbl) & sorted WkDyNum music artists/group to Ascending, but didn't get the results I wanted.

Again, I first want the 'ArtistID sorted Ascending & then I want to see the 'Similar_ArtistsID' sorted by 'SA_DUP' (starting from Sun to Sat).

Here's an example: ArtistsID '1-MNCS' is played on Mondays. '1-MNCS' has 5-Simlar_ArtistsID; 2 are played on Monday,

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.