Sully186 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Selecting Specific Query Results to Populate Specific Report Fields

Good Evening everyone. I am fairly new to Access, only having a few online courses, an Access For Dummies book and 2 simple projects under my belt. Please forgive me, as I have not yet done my due diligence in searching this forum for my answer, so if you know of a thread that will help, please refer me to it. Without further ado, here is my question:

I am building a database that is going to be used to track employee information, their skills and project experience. My goal is to be able to build a tailored resume based on client needs for specific projects. I would like to build a query that will return all the skills that a given employee possesses and then be able to select specific skills from that list to populate a bullet list (i.e. a resume "Key Competency" list) in a report.

Does anyone have any experience or an example of this type of function? Or at very minimum, an efficient way to populate a bullet list in a report?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    i would have 2 tables. The master table of the person, name,address, etc. ,tPerson
    and child table of skills, tPersonSkills

Each master record would have many child skill records. You would add the needed skills to a search table, tFind:
    recs in tFind
    accounting
    excel

then join the tFind table to the tPersonSkills table to pull those that match.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.