aussiegrl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Data Entered into Form to update on Table

I have a Registration form that ties to my Registration Table and my Client Info Table.

Is there anyway when a new client registers for a class to be able update all the information on one form and have it feed back to the Client Info table? I have my boxes bound to the correct tables, but since it is tied to my Primary Key of Client ID I get this error message: The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find a record in the table 'tblCientInfo' with key matching field(s) 'ClientID'.

I know I can attach a button to open the Client Form to add the new client information and then come back to the Registration Form to enter the rest of the info, but it just seems like a pain to keep having to switch back and forth between forms when entering new client info.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    this is chicken & egg dilemma - as in 'which will come first'.... design a form where the client is the main form and the reg info is the sub form - - and one can enter new client info....

aussiegrl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I tried the whole subform thing, but the form with the datasheet view was just way to messy. I think my users may just have to suck it up and make an extra few clicks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.