Creating a filter to a report using a date - Error message - This expression is typed incorrectly.

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help please.

My DB has a table that records results based on a user created "Week Ending"

So for example on of my tables has these fields

[Task Name] [Week Ending] [Percentage Complete] [Estimated Duration]

I Created a query to pull this information out of the table. I created a report based on this query, then added a form with a combo box and a button.

The combo box is controlled by the week ending field and on click the button opens the report.

In the criteria of the query is : [Forms]![frm_Reports]![Combo13]

The idea being the user selects which week ending they want, and the report shows the current [Percentage complete] for each [Task Name].

Unfortunately when i click the button i get quite a long error message - "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated......."

Can anyone tell me why i'm getting this error message please? I have managed to filter the report via other means but not on the "Week Ending" field & that's the main one i need.

Here is the SQL for the query
    SELECT tbl_Projects.[Project Name], tbl_TasksTracker.WeekEnding, tbl_Tasks.[Task Name], tbl_TasksTracker.PercentageComplete
    FROM (tbl_Projects INNER JOIN tbl_Tasks ON tbl_Projects.[Project Number] = tbl_Tasks.Project) INNER JOIN tbl_TasksTracker ON tbl_Tasks.ID = tbl_TasksTracker.TaskID
    WHERE (((tbl_TasksTracker.WeekEnding)=[Forms]![frm_Reports]![Combo13]));

Thanks in advance.

Liam

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Try:
    Code:
    SELECT tbl_Projects.[Project Name], tbl_TasksTracker.WeekEnding, tbl_Tasks.[Task Name], tbl_TasksTracker.PercentageComplete
    FROM (tbl_Projects INNER JOIN tbl_Tasks ON tbl_Projects.[Project Number] = tbl_Tasks.Project) INNER JOIN tbl_TasksTracker ON tbl_Tasks.ID = tbl_TasksTracker.TaskID
    WHERE (((tbl_TasksTracker.WeekEnding)=#" & [Forms]![frm_Reports]![Combo13] & "#"));
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Hi Bob,

Thanks but when i try and paste that into the sql is tells me there is a syntax error on the last line?

Thanks

Liam

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    When you tested this, was the form frm_Reports open?
    Did you paste this into the SQL view of the query wizard?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.