ddcessex is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Lightbulb Datasheet Top Half and Form (Tab Control) Bottom Half of the form

Hi Guys - Newbie Access User desperately needs to be dragged back into optimistic mode!

I would like to have a Data Grid of Contacts in the top half of the form that drives a Tab Control on the bottom half of the form so that highlighting a Snapshot Record in the Grid spawns the correct record within the Tab Control Detail Form.

I've tried the Split Screen which brings me closest to what I want but the datasheet is illusive to set it properties (modified some properties then is converts itself from a Datasheet view to a Single Form view) and it's driving me crazy. In olden days I would have put a DataGrid View Control on the top half of the form which I could then manipulate as I wished. Is there an equivalent DataGrid Control in Access 2007, 2010, 2013 ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Raymond

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    nothing has gone away in this regard - the split form was added along the way - which has a continuous dataset form in the upper half and a single form (displaying for which ever record is selected) in the lower half. If you are not able to work with the design of this form type to your satisfaction then you would make a 3 part form like was done in the old days.

One has never been able to add a Tab control (or sub form) to a continuous data form type. One must have an unbound master form - and then put into it a continuous (sub) form and then either another form in single view or perhaps a tab control or whatever.

ddcessex is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Thanks for that NTC

However, I don't seem to be any closer to a datasheet object in the upper half of the form with a single record view on the bottom half of the form. A good old DataGrid Control would suit perfectly.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I don't understand why there is a problem. Double click and open a record set (table or query). Then in the ribbon; select the 'Create' tab, and them in the Forms group select 'More Forms' of which one choice is the split form.

vicsaccess is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    sounds like a split form is what you are looking for. try this
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...b-86e79a1fbe1e
    if you read into it you also have the option of where you want the datasheet, top, botton or side.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.