missbrunette3 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Issues Associated with Inputting Information into Microsoft Access

Hi,

I am an new member. I just got a new co-op job working for a company that relies on MS Access 2013 and this job has little instruction. I really need help please. Since I am on paid time, I don't have time to look through previous threads, I apoligize. Please link a previous thread if you think it applies. I will do the best I can do describe the dilema.

I am working with a large database and for privacy purposes I cannot screenshot it. I am working with one main database, where I have previouly entered all my new data in - named data entry table. And on the left pane all tables section. I have tables named table 1 query, catalouge printout table 1, duplicates in table 1, table 1 without matching table 2, and one just called table 1. And then a whole section for tabel 2 with the same names. so essentially t1o groups of tables and the data entry table.

I have been entering the information into the main database. I have added 3 rows of new information, save and exit out of the program. I restart the program and when I apply a text filter check ("begins with") to see if they are saving (because you do just click save right?). When I apply the filter 3 things happen:

- data entry table shows none
    - table 1 shows them all
    - and table 2 shows them all

Please help me get them so they show in all 3 tables. i am desperate. I have looked on several tutorial sites and havent found them helpful. or does it matter that it is showing in all 3 tables, if I can justget them to show in the main data entry table?

Thanks in advance!!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Your data structure does not make sense to me. You need to provide an outline/diagram of tables and relationships.

Here is a good tutorial site to learn relational database principles and Access functionality: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

Data is committed to table when:

1. move to another record
    or
    2. close table or query or form
    or
    3. run code
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for responding!

I am not sure what you mean by provide an outline/diagram of tables and relationships?

The database is for parks canada and i am entering artefact catalogued information into the table. each row is a new artefact and each column is a descriptor or location or comments or artefact number, etc.

I will look at that site, thanks! I havent come upon it in my searches.

hope that makes more sense?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks muchly! I will read on!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.