MoodyPD is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013

Licensing of Office plus standalone Access on Win10

Is anyone out there running Access on an installed standalone license alongside a standard Office license? That is you are not running Access via Office Pro or 365. Further, is your OS Win10 and have you done the recent big cumulative Win10 upgrade? If so, please, from any of your Office products can you check via the File tab and then Help what Microsoft think are your licensing operations. I have two independent systems both with Office 2010, one with a standalone Access 2010 license & the other a standalone Access 2013 license. Post that Win10 update, Microsoft thinks that both my PCs are running trial versions of Office Pro and have stopped Access from working. If it has happened to both my PCs I cannot believe I am alone in this. Is no one else in the same boat as me?

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    If you have the license you should be able to enter it and get it to work.

Windows 10 Access 2013
    I have gone into my MS Account & downloaded Access13 again but once the install goes through it seems to configure it as part of Office2010 making it an expired Office Pro trial version & prevents Access from running. So once again my question is: is anyone else out there with Office 2010 + Access NOT Office Pro operating on Win10? If so please respond whether its hunky dorey with you or not.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I'm running office 10 professional (32bit), originally on win8.1 and then upgraded to win 10.

Not had any issues

Windows 10 Access 2013
    NO! the issue is not with Office Pro but with having a std Office license (sans Access) & then having later bought separately an Access license. Am I really the only person to have done this and be running Win10???

Windows 10 Access 2013
    This has been resolved after a long session with Microsoft Support. No one responded to the thread to say they had the same problem but just for future reference in case anyone does encounter the same ‘gotcha ya’ I am posting how the situation occurred and the solution. Eons ago (two or three years) I installed from CD, Office 2010 Home & Student. I do not think I did a custom install but simply let the setup do its own thing. What it did installed, along with Word etc., was a trial version of Professional. This was not an issue because I had a separate Access license and that was installed to run alongside Office. All was well until the recent cumulative update to Win10 after which Microsoft saw only an expired trial version of Professional and not my bona fide Access licence. To get out of the situation – uninstall Office (that clears all the trial stuff as well) and then do a custom reinstall ensuring no trial software is installed at the same time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.