Marco Soares is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Losing focus on the records of a Subform because of a web search control

Hello

I created a database in Microsoft Access. In the main form, I inserted a subform in which the records are shown as datasheet. Bellow this subform, I inserted a Web Browser Control. For each record in the subform, a different PDF (or a different section of a PDF) is shown in the Web Browser Control. Access is using Adobe Reader to open the PDFs in this control.

The problem is that, when i move to the next record in the subform (and it’s corresponding PDF opens in the web browser control), the arrows of the keyboard stop having effect on the records of the subform. In order to move to next record, i have to click on it with the mouse.

In this situation, when I scroll down the records of the subform, I have to click on each record. Of course, this is a very bad solution. Please I need to know what can I do to be able to scroll down the records with the up and down arrows of the keyboard.

Thank you very much in advance for the attention!

Regards,
    Marco

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    See what each control has for a TAB INDEX. (Properties, other tab)
    see if subForm is lower. If not, make it a lower number.
    but it could be the browser control grabs control to load data.
    Try setting the browser TAB STOP = false.

Hi,

The subform had already lower tab index. I set the browser tab stop to "No", but it didnīt solve the problem. Pleasse let me know if you have any other suggestion.
    Thank you very much for the reply.

Attached to this reply is a very reduced version of my Database. The original one has more Queries, Forms and Data. In this "very reduced" one, i included just some "fake useless data" and just the minimum set of Queries and Forms to let you see the problem. Please, fill the "Link" field of some records with links to PDFs in your computer. Then try to move through the records using the keyboard up and down keys.

In this "reduced version", i think that the Database puts the focus in a specific control of the main form when the Web Browser Control shows a new PDF. In the "Real Database", it's not clear where the Focus is after a new PDF is shown. It seems to be nowhere... Anyway, i think it doesn't matter. If someone can show me how to solve the problem in this "Very Reduced Version", i can correct the "Real Database" too.

If it's possible, please try to write some code to solve the problem, post it back and let me know what you did.
    Thank you very very much in advance for all the atention and for willing to help!

Estudo.zip

Regards,
    Marco

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.