djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Trouble linking queries

Hi, I could have sworn I posted this thread on Jan-1. I'm having trouble linking 3-qrys based on, 'FirstLettter'. On my main qry which has several fields, which is successfully linked to a second qry based on the 'ArtistsID' fld. The second qry has 3-fds: 'FirstLetter' 'ArtistsID' & 'CountOfAlbmnsCDS' flds. From this second qry I tried creating/linking a thrid qry which contains 2fld, 'FirstLetter' & 'CountOfArtissID' (per FirstLetter') When I tried linking the second qry to the third qry on 'FirstLetter' it's not letting me & is giving me a Message, "Data type mismatch in criteria expression.". I've created other similar queries which counts data (per FirstLetter), but this query is hanging me up. Will provide dbs if anyone interested to analyze. Please open query, "Music_Library_FL_CountOfArtistsID_qry." I can imagine my thread is confusing.

Any advise/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I opened that query. It references only one query and that query simply references a table with a calculated field for the FirstLetter.

What queries are you trying to join?

Record 513 of Music_Library shows #Error because ArtistsID is null.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

djclinton15 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hi June! First, thanks for responding to my thread! A second eye is always good. If you might follow, that Record, 513 being null was hindering/stopping me from creating another query off of the "Music_Library_FL_CountOfArtistsID_qry." Once I deleted that 513 Null Record I then was able to create a third query with just the 'FirstLetter' & the 'CountOfArtistsID & joined with the, "Music_Library_FL_CountOfArtistsID_qry.". It's not you, just confusing because I know the dbs. Anyway, thanks again!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.