captsims is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

How do I streamline a database using queries? Database is severely delayed while running a query.

I have designed an equipment database that tracks who has what equipment and when it was checked in and out. It consists of 4 tables (Assets, Contacts, Filters, Transactions), a few forms to input necessary data, 3 queries (Assets with Transactions, Contacts Extended, Current Transactions) a couple of pop-up Sub-Forms (Check-in, Check-out) and some rudementary reports.

The "Asset List" Form has all of the equipment listed, who has it checked out, date of checkout and a "Check-out / Check-in" action link that opens another pop-up Sub-Form for them to select their name from a contact drop down list. Unfortunately this pop-up opens extremely slowly. I believe it is due to a problem with the way I have it pulling the data via a query but I can't figure out how to remedy it.

I am not a proficient ACCESS guy and only managed to build the database by re-using templates and adjusting them to our purposes. Also not a coding guy (ie "Code Stealer"). Not even sure what you guys would need on this post to help me remedy the situation. Any help in what I need to do to get this fixed is hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. Attempted to upload the accdb file but it states it couldn't be uploaded because it is too large.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    We need something to analyse. Post code (sql statement and/or VBA) or db.

Have you looked at the MS Asset Tracking or Lending Library database templates?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.