Evans2 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Access - product list by customer margin

Hi all,

I've got a table listing products with prices for each which I import from Excel and another table with customer ID, customer name and profit margin (linked to a database). What I want to do is create a report for the product list with prices that will change depending on the specific profit margin assigned to each customer.

I think what I'm trying to do is possible but I'm just having a bit of trouble picturing how to set up the relationships.

Any help is appreciated.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    To me, it does not seem as though adjusting prices for customers is a relationships issue. In other words, the tables and entities should already be defined. With that, you can adjust tariff rates or retail prices using a formula.

I use a custom function procedure in a standard module that can be called. The function will return a value that is the sale price. The sale price can, then, be stored in a Sales Order table and or an invoice table.

You may determine that additional tables are helpful when determining variables that are part of the formula. Obviously, the Customers table would be involved. However, additional tables might be used to determine the category a customer falls into and various overhead liabilities.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.