DonShort is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Repair MS Access database without having program installed

ThanksAny suggestions are appreciated!So far, all I have been able to find are programs that use a gui interface (which I can do with the odbc), or programs that require ms acess or ms access runtime installed, neither of which exists on these machines.Currently, I have to log onto the machine, open odbc and do a repair through that, but I would like to be able to schedule a regular repair to run without needing a connection to the db, and hopefully avoiding the user ever seeing the error message. The systems do not have Microsoft Access installed, they use a Delphi program with ado connections to an ms access db, and the delphi program runs a compact every time it opens, but the db still gets corrupted and needs repair from time to time. Does anyone know of a program/option/tool to repair a microsoft access database that can be run from command line (I don't want any user interaction, I want to be able to schedule it).

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    You can use command line switches, however, I believe you will need to have Access installed on the machine that executes the RT.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-1F5DF9702BF1

Also, there is no guarantee that Compact and or Repair will fix the issues you have with your backend file. These sorts of things are best managed at Design Time, when developing the backend and or front end/UI, before the corruption occurs.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.