sachin_mt is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Connection to MS Access DB from Windows vista

Hi,

We use the connect string as follows to connect to a MS Access 2007 database.

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

But I see that it connects to the database but after that the ADODBconnection.connectionstring object doesnt have the Password=<pass> and it gets skipped.This works fine from Windows XP machine but not from Windows Vista.

We use this ADODBconnection.connectionstring later for connecting again.

We use the latest version of the dll.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    How are you connecting to the Access DB? Is it using an Access Frontend, because if so, you shouldn't have to specify a Provider.

If it's a programming issue (.Net, C#, C++, etc.), then you'd be better of asking in an programming Forum.

Just throwing my ideas in there though, I'd say double check your user permissions on the Folder where the Access DB is stored and on the file itself. It could be a User Permissions issue and not a Windows Version one.

Aaaaand, just because I love impassible walls of text, I've got one more tidbit for ya. . .

I'd be leery about using Access-based systems that are cross-platform. Different Operating Systems can use different Jet Direct versions, which can cause all sorts of problems including frequent database corruption.

I've run into it myself between legacy Windows (Win9x) and Windows XP systems. The XP systems would work fine, but the legacy system, even though it was using the exact same version of Access (2000 Runtime), would corrupt the database on almost a daily basis.

We connect to Access db from Visual Basic 6.0 application

Can we connect to MS Access 2003 DB from Visual Basic on Windows Vista platform?

Hi,

Can we connect to MS Access 2003 db from Visual Basic using ADODB from windows vista platform using OLD DB Jet provider.
    I also need to use system database(.mdw) file and user id and password.

Please let me know of the connect string which works for you.
    From the net I got the connect string but it doesnt help when we need to connect using user id and password.It works only when we have blank password for the user id.

Please help.I need this urgently.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.