superadmin is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Multiple-page forms

I manage two databases: workers (staff members) and their workplaces, and I use a form to enter any new information onto the database that we receive for the workers, eg a new or updated address. However, some of the staff members are in two workplaces, so I have to look them up twice on the database and enter in the details twice (once in each record).

The problem with this is that I don't always remember the specific workers (we have over 300 on our database) who are in more than one workplace, so sometimes I won't update both records, creating obvious problems.

Does anyone know how I could create a multiple-page form, so that one worker can have two or more branches - one for each workplace that they work in, so that I can enter information in at one time? I have one database of workers, their contact details and the workplace they are employed in. I then have another database of the workplaces themselves, so that has the names of the organisations and those contact details. There is a relationship between these two databases, with the workplace being the common field.

Please let me know if I need to provide more info, I've been stuck on this issue for quite a while!
    Thanks in advance.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    you shouldnt have to. to update employee information, your SQL should be

UPDATE employee
    SET Address = "whatever"
    WHERE employeeID = whatever

this will update the employee no matter how many times it is listed. On a second note, you shouldnt have multiple entries per employee. this is a normalization issue. You may want to look that term up and update your database.

Hope this helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.