redekopp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Opening a different form in my subform via button click

Hi there, im having a hard time trying to figure out how to open a form I made In my subform below after making a selection. Whats there initially is the default form. I cant seem to figure out how to make the macro work. And I definitely don't know what to type to make it work via VBA.
    If anyone can help that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reportsbfrm.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	22618

June7 is offline VIP
    You change the subform container control SourceObject property. I don't know if macro can do that.

Name the container something like ctrSub.

Me.ctrSub.SourceObject = "some form name"

This is what Navigation form is supposed to accomplish without code. However, I never use navigation form. Nor have I ever used dynamic subform container. I use Tab control with subforms on tab pages.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

That was easy, thank you for that. I wish the whole tab control with subforms on tab pages was English to me ! ill google it

June7 is offline VIP
    Opening a lot of subforms at once can make a form slow to load. Your code method emulating tab control (or navigation form) is probably just fine, unless one subform needs to reference data on another subform (something I have to do).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Sorry, that actually worked, but then it sets it as its default. So now when I open the form it goes to frmHoursbyEmployee which is what I want it to make appear when I click the button, instead of frmDefaultReport which is what I want it to be when I open the form originally. It overwrites the default. how do I make it just change it temporarily?

June7 is offline VIP
    Set the SourceObject property when closing main form. Could use the main form OnClose event.

Thanks, is there an easy way I can make a button on that form to export to a printable report the data that's been filtered? im guessing its print preview form.

I think ive screwed myself over. Im trying to make a print preview of this sorted report but I want the button to come from the form not from the report. So I want to print the sorted report only, not the form from which we are seeing it. the subform from where it lies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report5.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	22626

June7 is offline VIP
    Apply filter criteria to the report.

What is the filter criteria and how is it applied to form? Is it the date range?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.