Russellh is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Sample Database for Logging Help Desk Phone Calls

I'm looking for a sample database that will allow me to log calls that come in with customer problems.
    I attached sample pictures of a program that I found online that is very close to doing what I am after. (We don't mind paying something for a good program).
    I need a Form similar to the first picture where I can click "New Call" to register a call.
    Then I need to record the obvious info of name, service address, and so on. I need to capture a timestamp (date and time) of when I click the new call button.

I also need to be able to enter a note (s) and have each of those time stamped as I click a save button next to it.

The software doesn't offer some of the options that I need. In the second picture you can see that is lists the current days calls at the bottom of the screen so that I can modify them later, such as adding more notes or changing the status to closed.

Any idea of a sample dbs I could start with or a non-expensive software solution that would do the same?

I like the idea of an access database because I can easily build reports to give the information to others.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helpdesk1.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	22883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helpdesk2.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	22884

tonez90 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Cool Phone enquiries database

Hi I have attached a small database which works in Access 2003 up to 2010 (that's all I have). It is essentially a phone record database which can run on the screen and takes up little room.
    I'm sorry there is not much commenting as it was a quick job for our office.

Anyway I hope it gives you ideas. When you finish your please post it so others can learn (especially me).

Tonez90
    Attached Files Attached Files

CJ_London is offline VIP
    have a look at the templates provided in Access - under logs there is desktop call tracker, desktop issue tracker, desktop sales pipeline. Under industry there is desktop customer service, event manager, bug tracking and contact manager all of which may contain the features you require

Russellh is offline Advanced Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by tonez90 View Post
    Hi I have attached a small database which works in Access 2003 up to 2010 (that's all I have). It is essentially a phone record database which can run on the screen and takes up little room.
    I'm sorry there is not much commenting as it was a quick job for our office.

Anyway I hope it gives you ideas. When you finish your please post it so others can learn (especially me).

Tonez90

Hey Tonez90,

I have used the forum and a template that already exists in Access to produce one that is almost perfect for my needs. If you would like to take a look at it is attached. As I build it out I will be adding features and cleaning up the looks. Feel free to delete the records and make it your own.
    Attached Files Attached Files

tonez90 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing
    Tonez90

Quote Originally Posted by Russellh View Post
    Hey Tonez90,

I have used the forum and a template that already exists in Access to produce one that is almost perfect for my needs. If you would like to take a look at it is attached. As I build it out I will be adding features and cleaning up the looks. Feel free to delete the records and make it your own.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.