BusDriver3 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Run Time Error 3022...

Hello Access Community,

I have a Access DB with no code, four tables, a few forms, a few queries, no relations... pretty much a flat file with about 2700 entries. I saved the file and then came back to it later in the day to continue working on it but got the 3022 Error.

I can't seem to get around the error dialogue box so that I can remove any duplicate entries that might be in the table.

I have tried to create a new database and "import" the data with no joy... I have tried to "compact and repair" with no joy... I have tried "click on open" no joy...

Anyone have any luck or advice to get around the 3022 dialogue box so that I can get at the table?

Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Nevermind, you already tried importing.

No idea. May be corruption beyond recovery.

If you want to provide db for examination, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    what is the description of the error you are getting - 3022 could be anything

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    This is a very long shot........

EDIT THE FOLLOWING STRING TO THE FULL PATH OF YOUR MSACCESS EXECUTABLE AND THE FULL PATH OF YOUR dB - these are my paths
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\AccMDB\ImportEmployees_FE_2014_02_24.accdb " /decompile

copy the line and paste it into the RUN command

INSTRUCTIONS
    ------------

@Tim Lentine's practical instructions are good, but he leaves out the actual steps required for a decompile to be worth doing:

1 backup your database.

2 compact your database.

3 using the shortcut created with Tim's instructions, open your database.

4 close that instance of Access.

5 open a new instance of Access and open the database you just decompiled, but BE SURE YOU BYPASS ALL STARTUP CODE (i.e., hold down the shift key). If you don't do that, then you might as well go back to step 3 and try again, since if the startup code runs, your code will recompile before you are ready to do so.

6 compact the decompiled database (and be sure you hold down the shift key so that it bypasses the startup code; see #5).

7 open the VBE and on the Debug menu, choose COMPILE [name of project].

8 on the file menu, save the project.

9 compact again.

Why are all these steps necessary?

Because you want to not just decompile the VBA, you want to make sure that all the data pages where the compiled p-code was stored are completely discarded before you recompile.

I also recommend:

1 in VBE options, turn off COMPILE ON DEMAND

2 in the VBE, add the COMPILE button to your toolbar.

3 compile often with that button on the toolbar, after every two or three lines of code.

Decompile is not something you should use all the time, but during heavy-duty coding, I might do a decompile a couple of times a day. And I generally decompile/recompile as the last step before releasing an app into production use.

Thanks for the responses... The error in question reads as such:

"The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again."

Any ideas?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Did you get that message only once, or are you getting it repeatedly (like 2700 times) because you're stuck in some kind of loop? Have you been able to close the db (because you say you've tried to import to a new db - which I think you will not be able to do if it is in this error state). If you have closed it, then I'm wondering if a query/code/macro is trying to run upon opening and just repeating the problem. The message means you are trying to duplicate one or more field values in a table but it is not allowed because it violates a data validation rule. If the issue happens on opening, use the shift bypass and open again & you should be able to fix the problem.

I wanted to say thanks for all of the input and suggestions but it looks like I have to start over from scratch... sad panda face :-(

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing

Three rules of computing:

1) Back up
    2) Back up
    3) Backup!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.