TriFith is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Opening form with details about specific record

Hello,
    First of all I would like to appologize if there is same thread already exist. I have no idea what "function" of Access I am currently looking for, I can just describe what I need to solve.
    Here are many awesome programmers, so I am hoping you will help me, because I am teaching myself about Access databases

So, now back to the problem...
    My issue is simple, I need to create database for management of service issues.

Now I have stuck on a problem with opening new form by button
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	question.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	22273
    This button is inserted into a line in continuous form. This form is representing something like overview of service issues. When I click on the button in a specific line, I need to open new form, containing all available informations about current ID of issue.
    I have tried to use Split form, but there I have no other option then use datasheet for "picking" the record I need to see in subform.

I believe there should be some simple way how to use this feature

Thank you for your advice!
    Best Regard
    TriFith

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    A split form should do exactly what you are describing. Click on record in the 'datasheet' part and record will display in the 'single' part. How is clicking a button and opening another form more advantageous? The split form does not require code. Your button requires code (macro or VBA). Do you have any code behind the button? Something like:

DoCmd.OpenForm "some form name here", , , "ID=" & Me.ID
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    A split form should do exactly what you are describing. Click on record in the 'datasheet' part and record will display in the 'single' part. How is clicking a button and opening another form more advantageous? The split form does not require code. Your button requires code (macro or VBA). Do you have any code behind the button? Something like:

DoCmd.OpenForm "some form name here", , , "ID=" & Me.ID
    Hi June7,
    in split form it is possible to modify data in datasheet (directly in the tables). I need to you form to modify data, because there will be some restrictions, counted fields and the most important, there will be logs made on every modification on some entry.
    I am able to program all necessary fucntions, except this one...
    I am going to create one form "read only" with button, what will open new modal form where will be everything else programmed like I need

For your second question... The button is blank at this time, with no code of macro programmed.

Thanks in advance
    TriFith

Quote Originally Posted by TriFith View Post
    Hi June7,
    in split form it is possible to modify data in datasheet (directly in the tables). I need to you form to modify data, because there will be some restrictions, counted fields and the most important, there will be logs made on every modification on some entry.
    I am able to program all necessary fucntions, except this one...
    I am going to create one form "read only" with button, what will open new modal form where will be everything else programmed like I need

For your second question... The button is blank at this time, with no code of macro programmed.

Thanks in advance
    TriFith
    Holly crapp
    I have absolutelly looked over the code at the end of your post...
    I just tried to attach this code (with form name filled in) and it is working exactly like I need

Thank you very much!!!
    Have a great day

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.