warmanlord is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Auto Populate fields with ComboBox

Hello All,

New to the forums and a novice user of access, trying to better myself and develop a few projects for my group to help in maintaining quick access to some information.

As the title suggest it is about the use of a combo box that auto populates fields in a form once you select an item in the combo box. I have found the answers on how to add the combo box and allow it to pull information from the table i desire and it shows and populates the information correctly and the code works. What I am trying to do is to hide all the other information besides one item in the combo box so you do not have this long string of information when you drop the combo box down. The table consists of modem name, modem ip address, mac address, etc. I just want the modem name to be visible when you click on the drop down menu instead of all the information being displayed. I have attached a photo of what I have done so far, all I want visible when selecting the combo box is the modem dns name the rest of the information hidden but still be able to auto populate the fields below. Thanks for your help and support in the matter.

charles

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    You can adjust the Column Widths of your Combo in a way that will hide some columns and not others.
    Code:
    0, 1.5, 0, 0, 0
    or maybe you are using semicolons.
    Code:
    0; 1.5; 0; 0; 0

warmanlord is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    That worked like a charm, I added in those values in the column width and it hid those line, i did have to adjust the list width from 6 to 1, which shrunk the selection to that one value i wanted to have visible so that it wasn't a large empty space, i thank you for this. Much appreciated.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    You bet. Welcome to the forum!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.