Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007

If you're in Vegas you can drop into the office. One of us should be onsite!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Rek 1969 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Give me 11 hrs and I'll be there.

I was in Vegas in 2011, with a few days in LA for my brothers wedding.

Driving down the strip, and then onto the GC was a highlight, as was being somewhere that actually dried my eyeballs out if I didn't blink for every 5 seconds!

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hello again,

I've been racking my brains over a new issue with this ... the update query works absolutely 100%for each reset button on the Spirit Tabbed Form - all 5 of them.

I then created 2 new update queries for the other 2 sites. Copy and pasted the Spirit query, and just changed the site name. All other parts of the queries are identical to the one that works. All form names and table names are the same for each site, with just the site name being different.

The queries for the other 2 sites work but only after a prompt, asking for mrf number, prompt below ...

Forms!LYNCOLEC Tabbed Form!Tbl_PrevMaints LYNCOLEC.Form!TxtLastWeeklyPMMRF

This happens for both of the additional sites. I am assuming here that the query cannot find the Form. I have checked spellings etc, and made sure that all other features of the query are identical to the one that works.

Any ideas?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes, the parameter prompt is Access telling you it can't find it. The form is open, correct? The last sample I have doesn't have that subform, so I can't check it. Try using the build functionality in the query criteria to navigate to the textbox. That will create the correct syntax.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 8 Access 2013
    YEESSS!!!!

It was the last part on each query that was wrong. Should have looked like this ...

[Tbl_PrevMaints].[Form]![TxtLastWeeklyPMMRF]));,,

as it does in the query you did.

when I did the other 2 I assumed I would need to add the company name (as that is how I had named the tables, e.g Tbl_PrevMaints STS,).

Did as you suggested - wasn't sure what you meant at first but I wanted to have a crack at it.

I have tested on both other tabbed forms on just one text box and cmd button. All I need to do is repeat for the others as I did with the first tabbed form.

Thank you!

Windows XP Access 2007
    Happy to help! You don't have tables for each company, do you? That would only be appropriate if they needed different structures. Typically you would have one table with a field for company.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Most tables are different for each company.

Each one has different machinery/ equipment, with different asset numbers.
    Each has different Department names.
    For PAT testing, each company has different electrical appliances.

However, all Suppliers (for the maintenance department) are common for all sites, so just one table.

It will be the same for Spare Parts - I will have one table for all spares, but with a field for site location, and then location within that site. This will be added to the switchboard, where users will either select what site they are at for expenditure, PAT and activity, or select Spare Parts to view all that is available within the Group.

There will also be a field for Critical Spares within Spare Parts table - if recorded as a critical spare, it will appear on a subform on the PrevMaints tab on the tabbed form for whatever machine it is for (each record on prevmaints is for a particular machine). Whatever machine the user selects, the critical spares for that machine will show.

I already have this subform built and working, with a cmd button to "show critical spares for this machine", as the subform is usually hidden. The Supplier of the part is also listed in subform, and when pressed a little pop-up appears giving full details - cost, lead time, address, website etc etc.

This subform will be the basis of my next question, which i will put in another thread - but in short, at the moment, if the user presses cmd button to show subform, and then goes to next record, the subform remains in view. I do not want that, I want it to be hidden again until the user hits the cmd button again.

The problem with the database I feel is that as I have no formal training, and this is my first database, i made probably many errors (or should I say bad habits) in the beginning - for example having spaces in tbl names etc - something I try to do less. I also to begin with didnt rename text boxes etc, whereas now I do.

I also have no idea regarding relationships (it took me a good week to figure out the relationships for my prevmaints spare parts subform) OR reports.

Anyway, thats a little off topic

Thanks again for your help - invaluable!

Enjoy your weekend

Rek

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.