onrajeev is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Need help on designing a project tracker for my Team in Access 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this group so if you feel my question is not appropriate for this thread, please guide me the right path.

I have been given a task of building a project status system using MS Access. The requisite is below.

1. There are 4 employees in my team. Each need to update an individual table with Week ending date, Project assigned, project completed and upcoming leave/s ( using forms ). All these 4 tables need to be saved in their corresponding systems and should synchronize with a parent database which will be in a shared folder.

2. My boss should be able to see a weekly report from this parent database.

Could you please help me designing this with access? I am a beginner in access and can create a table, form :-)..but not close to expertise required for this design yet.

Thanks a lot .

Regards,

Rajib

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Review links posted in https://www.accessforums.net/databas...ots-53483.html

Why is there a requirement for 4 separate tables? Why not just one split database that everyone works with? Isn't everyone on the same network? Synchronizing data from multiple independent database files is not easy.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

onrajeev is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Thanks June7 for your quick help. Sure , I guess I will use the split database ( the 4 guys are in same location ) and will review the link provided.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.