enjiel is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Users cannot access secure database

This morning I accidently ran the "User-Level security wizard" on a secure database that we use. I meant to add a member but clicked the wrong thing and followed suite by hitting "Finish" instead of cancel because I wasn't paying attention. Aside from creating a "Security.mdw" file which isn't being used at all, it also somehow managed to lock everyone but the administrator out.

I checked the Users/Groups and Permissions, they are all there and correct, nothing seems to have been changed at all but when anyone tries to log in now they get the following error:
    "You do not have the necessary permissions to use the '...mdb' object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."

I've read some posts with similarish issues that recommended recreating the .mdw file and importing the data over. The file is encrypted so I wasn't able to do that but I did try making a copy and renaming it then changing the path in the Access shortcut to the copy instead. I still get the same issue. What all files/settings handle this and if the Users/Groups show up correctly in the database, what could be preventing the users from getting in?

enjiel is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    So, I took a backup of the .mdb file that was made in December of 2013 and it works perfectly, we can access it. The problem now is that this file won't have all of the reports and queries that have been added since then. My options are to copy all of the reports and queries from the new .mdb file over to the backup and go from there (assuming that goes smoothly). On the other hand I can't help but to think that there is some setting that I could change to fix the .mdb file that we already have but I can't seem to figure out what would have changed after running that User-Level security wizard.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.