Deggsy is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Errors While Opening Copied Databases

I have an Access 2013 works database that has been copied onto an encrypted drive for me to take home - but even though I also have Access 2013 on my home laptop, it's refusing to open the database (the front end one; the backend will open fine) and keeps throwing up error messages saying that there are .dll references missing and this needs to be fixed. I suspected that this is because the works database has SharePoint connections, and based on some initial research, after installing Microsoft Silverlight on my laptop, I had some limited success, but my laptop still won't open the front-end database.
    My question is: without completely recreating every program and connection my works PC (Windows 7 Enterprise) has onto my laptop (Windows 7), is there something I can do to the copied front-end database that will let me open it from my laptop? I don't need to make any connections from home, I just want to make changes on the copy that I can put onto the live database.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    suggest make a note of the missing dll's and get them. The can usually be downloaded from the net, or take a copy from your works PC

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Deggsy View Post
    ...I just want to make changes on the copy that I can put onto the live database....
    I would try this...

You can open the VBA editor and look for missing references. With the references window open, I would expect missing references to be listed first. Remove the missing references from within the References window. Then, compile the database using Debug>Compile from the Menu.

Look for code that may be written that is using references or perhaps using late binding. Now you will have to consider Macros that might be trying to make connections. I do not know when you are discovering these dll's are missing. Maybe it is as easy as renaming an Autoexec macro.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.