Acc4me is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Unhappy "Save and Publish" Problem

The "Save and Publish" command under file, options in my Access 2013 is not present. The Access Runtime has been installed. Would anyone know how I might install this option? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Acc4me

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Acc4me View Post
    ...The Access Runtime has been installed....
    Certain features are not available in the Runtime Version for Access. In order to have access to design features within Access, you will need to have the Full Version installed on your machine.

Acc4me is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm not too sure what is meant by full version? I am running the full Office 2013.

Thanks,

... The Access Runtime has been installed...
    This led me to believe that you did not have a paid version of Microsoft Access. You can download a free Access Runtime program from Microsoft that allows you open Access files. However, not all features are present.

If you purchased a version of Microsoft Office that included Access, you can try opening the Access file in "Exclusive Mode".

You need to open Access without opening an actual DB file. To do this launch Access from your start menu.

With Microsoft Access open, you should be viewing the File tab. I do not have Access 2007 so it may look a little different from what I am describing. What you want to do is open the file that you are trying to Publish. Perhaps there is a File option in a menu bar or an icon that says open. Browse to where your file is and before clicking the open button, use the little arrow on the right side of the button to pull down and view the options. Select, "Exclusive Mode" and open the file. Now check to see if you have the option to publish.

Acc4me is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thanks for your reply. My MS office suite is 2013 and not an unpaid suite. Is the Runtime that you are speaking of a separate program that that can be opened? The Runtime that I downloaded and installed seems to run in the background.

... The Runtime that I downloaded and installed seems to run in the background..
    You would not need to download the runtime if Access was included in your Office Suite. Not all versions of Microsoft Access come with Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.