Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mychael14 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Will have to adjust the column heads. That's the problem with CROSSTABs. I have never used them as the basis for a report.
    Oh... that's hard... So what can you suggest? I can't find any solution in the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Will have to adjust the column heads. That's the problem with CROSSTABs. I have never used them as the basis for a report.

That is sad... What can you suggest? I can't find any solution in the internet

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    what you require is more flexibility - which can only be achieved by using code to build the query.

The code would need to interrogate the individual tables to determine things like the required column headers, then can build the query with this 'knowledge' to display the columns required and in the order required. With regards displaying the data in a form or report, you can create an 'unbound' subform/report and in the sourceobject put query.myquery. It will then display the query as a datasheet

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Using the 'alias' column headers is only needed if you want to build a report based on CROSSTAB query. This requires knowing all possible values that could result in a column header and defining those alias headers in the CROSSTAB design and building report to have textboxes bound to the 'alias' fields. Apparently, your data structure allows users to create new values (quizzes?) which makes building a conventional and stable report based on CROSSTAB and binding textboxes impossible.

Eliminate defining the alias column headers and query will dynamically adjust for the new values. If you need to control the order of the headers then back to the 'alias' value. Could have a field in table for this 'alias' value.

As Ajax points out, setting subform SourceObject property to table or query (instead of a form or report) will present a datasheet display of data. However, I am not sure how successful this will be in a report if there are enough columns to exceed the 22-inch limit of form and report design size. Nor how column widths can be controlled in report.

Be aware all queries, including CROSSTAB have a 255 field limit.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Sorry I can't comprehend maybe because I'm really new with access. Actually I also wanted to add a column for total and column for percentage in the report but I soon as I'm trying to learn this, things are getting too more complicated for me.

Maybe if you are generous enough you can give some example access database related two what I'm forking for. Then I will do my best to learn in that DB to build my own db. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.