Bongobob21 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

If criterias match, also display row with the same value

Hi,

I want to implement a feature in a query and I am not sure how. I created a query search through a table with different machines. You can type in values in a form, and the query will give you the row, containig maching those values. I also have a table with spare parts which were sold. Each spare part has a number in a column, distinguishing which machine it was used for. Also the machines have a column containing that number.

What I want now, is that also the spare parts used for a machine are displayed when a machines fullfills the search criteria. But I don"t want the sparte parts to be in the same row as the machine, but I want them to be displayed in the row following the original machine.

Would be great if somebody has an idea how to do that!

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    suggest you use a report - you can do what you want there using group headers and the like

Bongobob21 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I usually don"t wanted to use a report, and just display the result as a datasheet

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    well, you perhaps could use conditional formatting to make the forecolor the same as the back colour so it is effectively 'hidden' (would need to use a datasheet form, not the datasheet view of a query), but the first row for each part would appear on the same row as the machine.

Alternatively look at using a union query - you would need some sort of index column to sort everything into the right order which you may have to hide. Union query would be first part machines, second part parts. No idea how to make it work tho'

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.